It looks like Pink Floyd and I...
Have something in common...
I wish I had thought of using his album cover as the template for my block sooner than this morning.
The wall has taken me a bit longer than I expected.
I finished stitching the cinder block pattern using back stitch. When I finished that, I was a bit worried that the wall would get overshadowed by all the three-dimensional work that I have planned for this block.
That's when I re-stitched the wall with two strands of DMC floss in stem stitch.
Then I added some shading with fabric paint. I use the same technique as stenciling...very little to no paint on a stiff brush.
At this point, I think the shading makes the piece look dirty and, at times while I was stenciling the paint on the block, I'm thinking..."Geez, I hope I'm not ruining this..."
All in all it's just another brick in the wall. And I'm moving on.
Happy weekend everyone.