Monday, January 5, 2009

A Brief Update

Just stopping in to say hi! The last of my holiday company just left last night and our first day back at work and school has proven to be very busy.

We had our first meeting of the year for EGA this morning where we had a guest lecturer discussing the history of Sumptuary Laws. It was fascinating...who was allowed to wear fancy embroidery/lace/fabrics and who wasn't based on laws that were passed in various societies. I wish I had time to tell you more but alas... It was, however, very great to catch up with the Guild members and see what they've been working on...

Now, I'm off to whip up a few Cooking Light recipes for our Book Club Book Exchange which is being held at my house tonight. I always love this event because we each bring a book wrapped up with a note inside saying why we selected the book to give away. It's a great night of fondling new books and hearing about great reads and books that everyone treasures. I'll let you know what happens.

In the meantime, I leave you with this WIP of my December BJP -- I hope to have both December and November finished by January 15. November is almost complete except for some hand embroidery of foliage that I just have to do. I hope to return to some level of normalcy soon and catch up on all of your blogs and comments.


Happy New Year everyone!

11 comments:

Simona said...

You always do beautiful works and photos wich camera are you using?

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I love the idea of including a note in the books for the swap - I'll have to include that in my club's swap next year!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Debra Dixon said...

Oh Gosh! I love this treatment alot!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Makes me feel like a princess...thank you!

Robin said...

Whoooo-hooooo! I love this fairy wand... How special can you get!!!! I'm sooooo looking forward to more pictures of your BJP work soon! Hugs, Robin A.

MargB said...

Your star is gorgeous.

allie aller said...

Whoosh! From company to two meetings in one day! What a whirly girl you are.
But it's no wonder you want to get back to that marvelous star....

Maura said...

I know I'm an intruder in the land of inspired creative people, but I just had to catch up with your interesting life. I hope you enjoyed/made it through the holidays. Your pants pants revolution, photos and excursions are so fun. Miss you, loved your 2009 list... hope to see you soon.

MeganH said...

I'd wear that as a brooch!

Tracey Leeder said...

This is so beautiful! I love it. Cant wait to see the rest. Congratulations on your lovely start.

Related Posts with Thumbnails