In many ways, 2008 was a great year for me. 2008 was also one of the most challenging years of my life. In 2008, I learned what I value most and I began to construct a life for myself that is guided by those values. In 2009, I'd like to continue what I started and see where it leads me...
And so, I send my wishes for 2009 out into the world so that they may be helped along by the energies in the universe and by my own commitment... They are in no particular order. They are random, just like my life. Photo courtesy of LA-Dub
- I wish for the creativity to find better ways of connecting with my son so that he continues to come to me with his life's troubles, as they get more complicated and meaningful for him.
- I wish for the presence to remember to affirm and value my husband so that he never doubts, that if I were to have to choose again today, I would pick him all over again as the best protector, provider and lover I could have...
- I wish for silliness, for unexpected delights, for marveling in the moment and the creativity to embrace the absurd and the unanticipated curve-balls that life will throw me-- and to make fun with it anyway...
- I wish to create original needlework designs because this is what truly sets me on fire and feeds my soul...
- I wish for enough organization in my household that I am not a hindrance to myself or to my family. I'm definitely not here yet but small steps every day.
- I wish for the discipline to establish creative habits so that my days are productive and fruitful.
- I wish for the wisdom to just show up at the important moments in the lives of my friends and family even though I may not know what the right thing is to say or do...
- I wish that the joy that I feel inside can be scattered to those that are less fortunate and less "rich" and that I make time for this in my life.
- I wish to read new books that keep me on the edge of my seat, for stories that move me to laughter and tears, and for the wonder and curiousity to learn new ideas, lessons and techniques.
- I wish to learn what all those buttons on my camera mean and to become a better photographer.
- I wish to document my life on my blog so that my posts are a reflection of the reality that I am living -- whether good, bad or ugly -- just real.
- I wish to make new connections and meet new friends that make me jump up-and-down with the excitement of new opportunities and possibilities.
- I wish to find new ways of celebrating my life in stitches.
- I wish for the energy to always say "yes" when someone asks me for help.
- I wish to learn lots of new things.
- I wish that when I finish the Liberty to Liberty Triathlon In May I will be exhilarated, having trained well enough to finish with confidence and not complete exhaustion. I hope I feel like Rocky at the top of the steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art!
- I wish to set myself upon a path, and every day, make choices that bring me closer to making these wishes come true.
- Given #13, I wish to participate in more creative challenges because they ignite new fires, they force productivity and they are just plain fun. I enjoy the journey a lot more when I'm on it with others. This much I know.
Happy New Year!