Thursday, October 16, 2008

Water on the Brain

The path from yesterday becomes the water today. I love this improvisational way of working. I sit down with my needles and I head off in a direction. I know not where I'm going. Today, I went to the water.

Photo courtesy of YamBareMunch(toidles)

It turns out I'm not the only one with water on the brain. My favorite contestant, Leanne Marshall, won Project Runway last night with her collection that was inspired by...yes, you guessed it...water.




This whole collection appeals to me and I would LOVE to go out in those pants and aqua top! I love all the waves and pleats and the color... Yes, the color speaks to me too, that Grammy Aqua...

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

I was so excited about Leanne's win. Her collection (IMHO) was one of the most mature, creative and thoughtful collections of any previous PR season. Her construction is meticulous too. I absolutely LOVED that dress in your second photo. I'd hang that skirt in my house for art.

Marty52 said...

Love those colors... your beading is coming along nicely, too. That picture of the rushing river is to die for... wouldn't that be something done in beads?

Lynn said...

I love this piece - your embroidery is adorable and next to the beads---well, its simply spectacular. (I was totally rooting for Leanne too - I was smiling ear to ear when she won.)

Debra Dixon said...

Vicki is right about Leanne's collection--it was very insightful. Practical, no but hey, it's high fashion & of course, I am going to love the color. Now I just wish Stacy and Clinton would give her a fashion makeover. that hair, yuck.

Elizabeth Braun said...

Very effective that stream of beads.

Tony the Tiger? Look out for Sid the Snake - coming soon!!!

Mary-Frances said...

I love Leanne too! And I adore your bead trail with the flowers, can we see how it fits into the whole piece?

Related Posts with Thumbnails