Friday, September 17, 2010

Beaded Flowers

Slowly I've been collecting and creating patterns and ideas for beaded flowers and leaves.


I like the idea of combining beaded components with embroidered and stumpwork ones so I want to increase my knowledge and skill in creating beaded motifs.

I picked up this kit from Laura McCabe strictly because I liked the flower and wanted to learn how to make it.

I'm learning other things too along the way...like how she uses color and how to make a beaded buttonhole. *smile

The next project in my head...I'd like to bring it all together: beads, fabric, stumpwork, embroidery.

It's going to be white on white...

If you want to see other beaded flowers, this post from Charm School was about beaded flowers as was this one for cherry blossoms I developed for one of my bead journal projects.

See you Monday. Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm already intrigued by your new project. . .

Wendy said...

oooh, pretty...

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You have a great weekend too! Of course, we all eagerly await the manifestation of the vision in your mind.

MeganH said...

It sounds like it is going to be wonderful!

Createology said...

Beautiful beadwork. All together will be stunning. Happy creating...

Sweetpea said...

Heh there, ole BJP friend, such beeyouteefull work still coming from your direction! Always enjoy stopping by here....wondering tho, are you joining us in 'Cloth to Cloth'? Would be grand to be *weaving* over there with you.

Loralynn said...

I love beaded flowers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails