Thursday, December 10, 2009

Picture Perfect

Just taking a moment to bop in here to announce that !~ ** FredaB**~! is the new owner of my little tin of holiday sparkles...

And for everyone who left a comment, I went through each one of your comments and sent you a special wish...for your special request and/or for a beautiful and joy-filled holiday season.

We had snow the other day...so I couldn't resist the opportunity to take photos of the cookie plate that I brought home from the Annual Santa's Cookie Sweatshop (ahem, excuse me...Party) that I get invited to at my friend Freddie's house...


I told you about it here last year. Well, I couldn't believe she invited me back but she did...

So, just like the proud mama of an only child who takes way too many pictures...

I am also right-fully guilty of taking too many pictures of the few cookies I did bake...I'm sorry...I just don't bake very often...so bear with me through one more shot...


And, as if those cookies aren't picturesque enough...

While we were there...slaving away over the hot ovens baking 15 bajillion cookies...

this couple (I have no idea who they are) came over to visit on HORSEBACK!! in the SNOW!!


OK...to this city slicker...this was unbelievable...it was so picturesque that I HAD to take a picture.


And I had the guy hold the wreath because sometimes props just make a picture...(plus it got me a10 minute break outside in the cool air away from the heat of the ovens and all those spatula-wielding women wanting to produce plates of cookies!!) I tried to run away but was caught and brought back so they could invite me again another year...

OK. So if you've had enough of the Currier and Ives photos...let's get back to reality.

Last night we started to put up our tree...And you can see for yourselves the important status that Jack's hat has reached in our lives...


HE added the bow...not me...I swear...

I knew you wouldn't believe me so I took a picture as evidence...though he won't let me show his head...(another bad hair day...they're getting more frequent...time for another haircut...)


That's all for now...my needles are busy but I can't show you until later...And Freda, don't forget to send me your address!

P.S. Jack is going to be a dancing Santa in a school Christmas play tonight...I cannot wait...I promise to get a picture....promise...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet! I bet those horsed enjoyed their outing- it makes me want to ride again- but not in the snow!!!

DovilÄ— said...

sweetest:) and I miss the snow, it'll be best to be on Christmas:)

Maureen said...

You are soooo funny!! I would have been so excited by the horses as well.

allie aller said...

The hat on the tree...with the bow and the light sparkles! Love it!
Yay Jack!
Yay Christmas!

Judy S. said...

All those cookies, lucky you! I've seen wreaths on car grills but never on a horse before..... It looks chilly out your way; it is here, too, but no snow.

Loralynn said...

The hat on the tree is hysterical! That your son put the bow on it is the icing on the cake!!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

The tree topper....finestkind!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You are proof positive that life is what you make it. You have so much fun and find the coolest distractions, even when baking cookies!!

Happy Holidays, from my house to yours.
XX, CArol

Jane said...

What lovely pics of snow and cookies (and hat). Lovely christmas wishes to you and yours, have a great time.
jane
ps - thanks for the comment over on kusudama, I'm enjoying it very much and am looking forward to the christmas closedown so I can do more work on it. J

Related Posts with Thumbnails