Saturday, April 25, 2009

Beaded Cherry Blossoms

Well, my internet has been down for 24 hours and it keeps going out intermittently so I'm making this short! Just a quick update on my BJP. This piece is taking me a long time for some reason but I'm enjoying it immensely.


I've finished the beaded cherry blossoms except for the stamens in the middle of the flowers. They will stick up quite a bit so I'm saving those until much later so that my thread doesn't continually get caught around them as I stitch.


Even though the Yoshino cherries are past their blooming, the Kwanzan cherry is in full bloom in my front yard. The flowers on this tree are a deeper pink and, from far away, the tree isn't as spectacular to me as the ethereal nature of the Yoshino. But, up close, the flowers look like tissue paper and the colors are gorgeous.


Next up is the bird!

10 comments:

Judy S. said...

Our cherry tree is out, too, only its much more white than yours. Your journal is going to be wonderful; I can't wait to see what you do to the bird!

LindaSonia said...

Love to see the progress. Your work is beautiful and your description of those cherry blossoms (like tissue paper) is right on! Love spring!

LindaSonia

FredaB said...

Your beaded cherry blossoms are beautiful. I like the bird even just the way he is but I am sure you have other plans for him.

Last year I lost a small flowering Japanese tree from a garden built into our deck that used to be just opening up when we would return from Florida. First thing I am getting this summer is a replacement for it. Love to see the blooms.

Hugs

FredaB

Debra Dixon said...

So delicate and tissuey! Your work will be a big treat any time it is done.

Mary Timme said...

I think most of our trees, fruit and other wise were tricked by the fanciful and sometimes very cold and snowy spring weather we have, but yours are beautiful!

Lisa Boni said...

Looking so beautiful! A project like this is always so delightful to work on! Hope it brings you much joy!

Barbara C said...

Your beaded blossoms are really lovely. I look forward to seeing your finished piece.

Thanks for the link to the article about the church hats. I loved looking at the photo gallery. Talk about wearable art--those hats are just delicious.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful piece. I love the way you beaded the cherry blossoms. I'm anxious to see the completed project!

Wanda said...

The blossoms are beautiful. You really capture nature in its glory. Your piece is totally beautiful. I am really in awe of it. I hope your internet comes back up and stays up soon!

Unknown said...

Your beaded cherry blossoms are gorgeous! Love the photos of the pretty blossoms! The bottom photo looks like the petal with the darker pink dried are is a little heart...kind of upside down! Can you see it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails