Saturday, July 12, 2008

Making the Perfect Cup...

It's taken me 24 hours to make one cup of tea.

First, I added gold herringbone stitch to my stripes...

Then I couched down a pink silk twist thread...

Added some floral rococo braid...

Edged the cup with pink flower sequins and beads...

Added a purple line beside the pink one to give the line a shadow...
Stitched down some gold beads for extra sparkle...

And finished her up with a bit of glitter "tea" since I now like it so much!
Now, I'm wondering if it was all a bit too much and I didn't know when to stop...

If you missed the post about how I made the cup, it's here.

I like this method of capturing the steps in a project. The first time I did it was for the block for SharonB's class I keep raving about...Because we posted our progress week to week, I ended up with a great slideshow of the block's transformation. Check it out and try it for yourself...

7 comments:

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

soo cute!! Have a great day!!! xoxo Britt :-)

Cheryl said...

I loved the slide show. It captures the process of "creeping elegance so well". Beautiful work.

Chris Daly said...

Your cup of tea turned out beautifully. More is never too much when it comes to crazy quilting.

Rengin Yazitas said...

I loved your tea cup, it is gorgeous...An excellent work, indeed.
Rengin, from Istanbul

allie aller said...

Now THAT is a cup, worthy of the young ladies for sure.
I really enjoyed watching the progress of its embellishment, and your slideshow, too. That was one fantastic block you made with Sharon.....YUM

Debra Dixon said...

I'm not one to comment on overdone! I have a tendency to overdo most of my work but I have learned lately that there is a stopping point or else one piece can consume all your time.

I think the teacup is done lovely! The whole pillow top is becoming quite a wonderful themed piece. (I have a fondness for themed pieces, myself.)

Maddie Can Fly said...

No, you did not do too much to it -it's perfect the way it is. Absolutely beautiful! I didn't even realize you had painted the fabric until I read that post about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails