Monday, November 23, 2015

Baltimore Goes Crazy

 

You have six days to get to Baltimore to see the best crazy quilt exhibit I've ever seen at the Baltimore Museum of Art.



Run, walk, drive, take a train...it's absolutely worth your effort.


A small show of seven quilts...


What it lacks in size it makes up in quality.



The quilts are in amazing condition...


Anita Jones, the textile curator at the BMA, has outdone herself this time and we should all send her a thank you note!



The quilts are approachable and well-lit...
 

And you can get your face right up close and personal to see all their glorious details.



It's the best way to view a crazy quilt.

Even better, photography is allowed.



Here's just one detail to whet your appetite...what I believe to be a painted Baltimore Oriole and bee next to a sunflower.



The quiltmaker moved to Baltimore so it's possible that she included the Oriole to honor her new home.

There are so many beautiful details to these quilts that it will take me days to share the hundreds of close-ups that I was able to take.

That's the consolation prize for those of you who can't come to Baltimore.

The show is over next Sunday, November 29,  so I wanted to get this posted so that anyone who can go before next Sunday will make the push to do so.  I wouldn't steer you wrong!



Will try to post more tomorrow but it's a busy week.

Stay tuned...

12 comments:

NickiLee said...

Fabulous! Thank you fro sharing - wish I lived closer I'd be there in a heartbeat. I can't even imagine all the stories these quilts could tell.

gracie said...

Thank you for taking me to the show.

Louise Doney said...

Thankyou so much for the information on this exhibit, I just wish it weren't during such a busy time of the year. Also thankyou for sharing the pictures which we can peruse as often as we wish. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Margaret said...

In a word, "WOW"!!

margaret said...

what a wonderful show thanks for dharing these photos

Anonymous said...

Appreciate you sharing this quality show with those that can't make it to Baltimore. Elaborate stitching.

Rachel said...

Yes, not going to get across The Pond in time, so thank you for the photos - absolutely breathtaking!

Shirlee Fassell said...

Wow great pictures as usual. Love the way they are displayed.

Renee said...

Wow! I am trying not to drool. The painted bee and oriole are fabulous touches. Thank you for sharing!

Lisa Boni said...

So glad that you were able to visit this exhibit! I would have loved to have gone, but just not possible unfortunately! I so appreciate being able to see the exhibit through the lens of your camera!

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Oh, what a beautiful exhibition of crazy quilts. I wish I live closer. Thank you very much for sharing! Happy New Year, Natalia

cucki said...

Wow ..I love crazy quilt so much..
Happy new year dear x

Related Posts with Thumbnails