Thursday, June 11, 2015

On Graduation

Graduation has been the theme this week as we celebrated the graduation of two of my nieces from high school...


My oldest niece also graduated this past month receiving her Masters in Library Sciences from the University of Wisconsin.  Though we weren't able to travel to Madison, she was able to come home for her sister's graduation.  She's on the right in the picture below hanging with one of her girlhood friends from the neighborhood...



Of my father's ten grandchildren, that's four down and six more to go.

I've been trying hard to remember what I was feeling when I graduated from high school but I have no clue.

It's a shame we had to rent those white gowns and wear mortarboards that messed up our hair...



The ivory dress, fresh flower look is much more becoming.

I was hoping to have my own graduation from Japanese Embroidery in October.

Unfortunately, I lost a whole month of stitching time with my back problem.  My back is better and I'm heading off to Japanese Embroidery class today so I'm grateful for that.  Oh well, it's never too late if you start today.

Looks like my next target date for graduation will be Fall 2016, life permitting.

8 comments:

allie aller said...

How I love that picture of you! So wide open to life and its upcoming adventures!!!!! Still beautiful, too, ivory dress or no...

Rachel said...

It does seem that they enjoyed their day - and so did you, in spite of gown and mortarboard!

margaret said...

you must be so proud of the nieces and you daughter, loved the photo of you graduating, we do not do this here in the UK only when you finish at uni.. Good to hear you are able to stitch once again but still take things easy with your back and not overdo things

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We've had our share of graduations this year...and parties. Much fun and pride to see them start the next leg of their life journey. Now we find out who they really are, lol.
xx, Carol

gracie said...

Congratulations to your graduates!Hope your back is really on the mend....

Judy S. said...

Time does march on, doesn't it? Our youngest turned 40 yesterday!! Did you begin your love of stitching in high school? Hope your back is much, much better. Can you try Pilates? That sure helped my back.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to them all!!
I shall have to don the mortarboard next month when I graduate... luckily its mostly just for the photos!

Createology said...

So thankful your back is better. Congratulations on your nieces graduations. Lovely dresses with fresh flowers...much less stuffy than those caps and gowns. Graduation from Japanese Embroidery will be amazing for you no matter what the date is. Healing Energy continues for you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails