Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Spool Hands

Has this ever happened to you?


It looks like the spool dropped its drawers, doesn't it.

Well, look what I found at the fly fishing store...



These little elastic spool huggers.

They're called Spool Hands and they were invited by a guy named Bob Sutherland in 2003.

Not only do they keep unruly threads and wire from running amok, but they also have this nifty grommet opening which allows you to dispense a length of thread or wire as you need it.



No re-winding spools or trying to secure your thread while you work.

It really is a time saver and the best little invention ever!  It's right up there with the Uncle Bill's tweezers I posted about the other day.

I bought mine online from J. Stockard Fly Fishing and they're currently on sale.

Maybe Bob and Uncle Bill knew each other!

I'm getting ready to go into mass leaf production for Mrs. Rose's roses...


My leaf palette of Gloriana Tudor Silks arrived the other day from Needle in a Haystack so I'm all set.  I'll be away from my Japanese embroidery frame for the next few days so I'll be leafing instead.


Maybe the trees around here will get the message and push for Spring.

Happy Nifty Gadget Day!

10 comments:

Createology said...

Now this is a great way to keep those spools tidy and neat. Happy Leafing Dear...

Anonymous said...

OMG, I had to have some of those for myself and to pass around to friends with crazy wire.
I bought the last five packages, hope they are not discontinuing this item as I probably need more.
Diane

Judy S. said...

Good idea to make your own spring! That does look like a handy little gadget!

Unknown said...

Brilliant invention and so simple, thanks again for sharing your helpful little tit bits, they make my day Susan ~

lorenabr said...

Great job!
http://inkandlacedesigns.blogspot.com.au/

Robbie said...

Sold out...what a cool little gadget!! I'll look on other sites! Thanks!

Rachel said...

You are finding loads of useful new gadgets at the moment, aren't you!

FLOWER FRIEND said...

Love the gadget Susan. I need this for flower arranging as well as stitching. I will check if its available in the UK.

Lisa Boni said...

The little spool holders are great, but what has me really excited are those little piles of exquisite leaves! I really like the little velvet ones when you made them, but to see the embroidered ones side by side... well, there's simply no comparison! Just beautiful! I cannot wait to see this climbing rose come to life!

Suztats said...

That's a great little gadget!

Related Posts with Thumbnails