Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring's Blush

Nature is all a-blush with the exuberance of spring.


Her passion, having welled up from too long a winter, bursts forth...


And we are under her spell.


Our pulses race at the sight of her show...


And the whole world is colored with optimism...



Her beauty energizes our spirits and, by her side, anything seems possible.

Head over heels we tumble about in the sweet scent of the wind...


Accompanied by the best performances that the birds have to offer.

They're singing their hearts out...to create new life...to fill their nests...


It lasts only a few days...


This blush...


Until the petals wither and fly away and the leaves come forth to cover her naked beauty.  

The explosion of colors that follows competes for our senses, never wielding quite the same magic as those petals that ushered us into spring.

The first blush is like love when it is new.  


It's fresh, it's exciting and we open ourselves most fully in its embrace.

Happy Spring.

Happy Opening...

21 comments:

Pieced Pastimes said...

The days are starting to get warmer here, but we are still waiting to see the first buds of Spring. Your beautiful photos give me hope that our turn is coming soon.
Thanks for the inspiration,
Suzanne
Pieced Pastimes

Elvira said...

Que preciosidad de fotos ,la naturaleza con su mejor regalo Un beso

Judy S. said...

Isn't spring wonderful? Nice post, Susan. Here you'd add lots of green to your photo..we have tons of moss this year from all the rain..over 8" in March! (an all time record!)

Rachel said...

What an ecstatic post! Happy Spring indeed!

Lisa Boni said...

Your photos of spring have made my heart sing! So lovely! Thank you!

Lisa Boni said...

Your photos of spring have made my heart sing! So lovely! Thank you!

Chris Daly said...

Lovely to hear your sweet sentiments. I can almost smell the fragrance from Wisconsin.

cucki said...

Beautiful x

Mary Ann Tate said...

Happy spring to you!!!!...but not for us yet. It snowed today. I saw someone wearing shorts on Saturday...now it's back to boots. Crazy crazy weather:)

Anonymous said...

I love your posts!!
Suzie in Idaho

H Gotts said...

Lovely photos! One of these days I may ask permission to interpret one of them in needlework, if I may.
Thanks for sharing!

margaret said...

some beautiful photos here, my blossom has not blossomed yet but you can guarantee when it does the wind will get stronger and blow it all off.

margaret said...

some beautiful photos here, my blossom has not blossomed yet but you can guarantee when it does the wind will get stronger and blow it all off.

Erica said...

Such beautiful photos and beautiful poem. A timely reminder that spring will again be here, if not for 6 months!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Beautiful pictures of a welcome Spring. We are just getting buds on the trees and the daffodils are blooming. But we DID get a layer of snow yesterday that thankfully didn't last on the warming ground.
Happy Easter Susan.
xx, Carol

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous photos! Do I see a macro at work!?:)

crazyQstitcher said...

Gorgeous blooms. Your words are beautiful.
I can see Drizzle stitches, Woven Picots and Miyuki petite beads creating that last photo.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Beautiful!

Suztats said...

Lovely.....

Catherine said...

Simply beautiful!

Bethany said...

I love this tree as well. I moved into my new old home about 3 years ago and have been working in my garden to make it unusual. I am always looking and picking different things, when I saw this tree for the first time and then found out what the common name was, I had to have it. I am a person who reproduces antique sampler so I am always stitching with "Silk Floss" That the common name of this tree.

Related Posts with Thumbnails