Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Needlebook Encore

The Hari-kuyo Needlebook E-course is winding down.

And so is my dance with needlebooks for this Spring.

I just finished up the ties on this pastel version the other day...



It was a thrill to see needlebooks made all over the world...I especially loved the many little tweeks and personal touches that each bookmaker added to make their needlebook special.

Give yourself a treat and visit the Flickr group for the class to see how to say "Broken but not Forgotten" in different languages...


And to feast your eyes on all the different fabrics and approaches that were taken with this needlebook.

If you or someone you know is interested in taking this class...I will be offering it again...maybe in the Fall or January 2012. I'm not sure exactly when, but it will be before the Hari-kuyo festival in February of next year. If you'd like to receive advance notices about the next class, email me and I will add you to the mailing list.

In creating the lessons, I happened to make a few extra books along the way.

I have this one Needlebook available for sale today, first-come, first-served...


She was my Cover Girl and starred in all my photo shoots...


I'll miss her but it's Spring and it's time for this one to fly the coop...


Sold.

Thanks to you all for the support and enthusiasm you've given to my first online course offering.

It was a real thrill to offer a class to bookmakers all over the world from my own home here in Maryland. I still can't get over how cool that is...

I hope to offer more online courses in the future. I have some fun ideas cooking up in my brain but I'd love to hear from you. If you have any desires on what type of class you might like to take, drop me an email and let me know your thoughts...

Who knows? Maybe it could end up as an e-course.

Happy Needling everyone.

18 comments:

FLOWER FRIEND said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the course Susan and I have had so many comments already about my needlebook that I'm sure you will have some more keen students for the next course you run. Thank you for sharing.

Laurel's Quill said...

So very special...I love stuff like this...why don't I do it??? Not expecting an answer...just asking myself!! laurel

Suztats said...

Lots of wonderful little needlebooks! Thanks for sharing the link--it's nice to see what everyone created.

Rachel said...

How very satisfying for you to see see all the results of the course!

Marsha said...

I'm looking forward to finishing my needle book soon. I've been gardening before it gets out of hand and now I'm in AZ. Hopefully next week I can complete it. It's been great fun and not too hard and I love seeing all of them. The teaching was great. I look forward to another class. (basic crazy quilting?)

Catherine said...

Your needlebooks are so awesome! I love the pastel version and congrats on the sale of the black one!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Congratulations!!
Its only the beginning!!
xx, Carol

Createology said...

Yes Please do have another class Susan. I am so sorry I wasn't able to participate in this one. As I am searching for some Crewel needles I find I must have one of these special little needle keepers. I will email you also.
Blissful cases by everyone...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't believe I missed this!!! Tragic I say! I want to take this course, please, please, please! I am ready yesterday. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Sarah Sequins said...

I love the pastel needlebook, but the Cover Girl will always be my favorite. :)

I'm glad you'll be offering your needlebook course again, and I can't wait to see what other courses you offer!

(Speaking of needles... this might seem crazy, but I'm going to file the ends of my broken ones so I can keep using them. I've had an epidemic of broken ones lately.)

coral-seas said...

The course has been absolutely fantastic. I am making slow progress but hope to complete my needlebook by the end of the month.

You put so much into this course and it is beautifully presented. Well done and thank you.

Cassandra and Alex said...

That pastel version is gorgeous!!!
–Cassandra

Elizabeth said...

I am so excited for you!! I am sure that it was an impeccable course!! You are so brave!! I have gotten many requests to do my Beaded cuff bracelets as an e-course. It seems the perfect topic and I even have a great video camera. Just can't find the nerve to dive in- We need to talk!!

Now i am off to Flickr!!

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog today - I saw the link on Nicki Lee's blog and I have to tell you - you are a very talented person! I hope you read these posts because I tried to email you and I can't do it off your link so I need the actual email address. I'd like to see if I can just buy the instructions for the needlebook and if not - I'd like to get on the list for the next lessons. my email is nbrackin@sbcglobal.net if you would let me know. I LOVE Nicki Lee's needlebooks too. Thanks - Nikki

Cyn said...

Fabulous Needlebooks! Yes, please add me to your email list - it would be fun to take your course. Glad to hear you are offering it again.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful....thank's

Mercedes.

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Susan, your books are beautiful, and do!
Yours sincerely, I wish nice wekend,
Wanda

Helen said...

I'd love to be added to the list for the next class(hopefully). These look lovely and I'm very interested in your decorative techniques.

Helen(byw, the email link isn't working)

Related Posts with Thumbnails