With the addition of those extra 10 petals, my blooms have finally finished puberty and filled out.
It takes a long time to secure all of those petals to the back of the piece and, at final count, I made 25 of them!!
Holy Smokes. If I had told myself at the beginning of this project that I would be making 25 individual lace petals...I would have thought I was crazy. Good thing I was able to keep myself in the dark.
And treat-of-treats, I finally got to start adding some of the pearls and gemstones.
I usually make myself wait for the "good part" -- which to me is the beading details that make the whole bouquet come alive but...
I've decided to finish out this top right corner lace bouquet completely before moving on...
Just a little reward for myself for making it through all those $!@blasted*&!...I mean...beautiful petals.
So today I'm working on the rest of the lace bouquet, the leaves and the secondary flowers.
Now, that's a good day. Hope yours is too.