Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas in July in December

OK. This is actually my bead journal piece for July which I'm stitching in December and it's title will be Christmas in July...or it may be simply...JOY...I haven't decided yet.

Well, who knows...but I do know that it took me one hour yesterday just to pull the supplies together, cut and baste the fabric and prepare to bead...

Joy is the perfect ending to the bead journal year for me...though I've no time to wax poetic about that today.

I still have two other bead journal pieces to finish in order to complete my first year but there's no hope for them until after Christmas.

And yes, I did decide to sign up for the Bead Journal Project in 2010. I think I figured out a way to participate without taking so long on each piece...fingers crossed. I just couldn't not be with all those beautiful friends I've made this past year...

Ah well...I've got to go to the mall this morning...there's no avoiding it...Pray for me. I'll need it.

7 comments:

Dolores said...

I do hope you find the time to finish.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This will certainly be another great page.

Funny, I was thinking that I would take Corey to the mall on Saturday. O yess, I am a glutton for punishment. But, for me it just wouldn't be Christmas without a trip to the mall and dealing with all the hustle and bustle and seeing what is in the center Kiosks. Besides, my office at work is in big cat decor and I always buy a Big Cat calendar and I can't find one anywhere. I just won't be able to make it through the year without leopard or tiger eyes to mesmerize me!!

Good shopping!

Sheila Iskin said...

Your joy is contagious, no matter what time of the year. Thank you for being a beacon of hope and encouragement, just by sharing what you find thrilling. Isn't there some study that one happy person makes 10 other people happy? And so on and so on...and so it spreads... (Substitute Joy for Happy, 'tho) If there isn't, then I'm sure one will occur to substantiate my findings, I'm sure of it! You are proof positive. Merry Christmas, Susan! Happy beading, and may all the joy of the season warm your heart and keep your fingers nimble. (Edited: HEY! There's that blog thing...Hee, hee, hee...Oh you turkey, I haven't updated in months! No fair :))

coral-seas said...

Every one of your BJP's have been a joy to me. I'm really pleased that you have signed up for another year because I think you have gotten so much out of it.

Loved your last two posts, but I think that my Christmas spirit has gone into hibernation this year!

Judy S. said...

Hope you survived the mall trip, Susan! Don't you just love poinsettias? Your glittery one is beautiful and will live forever on your bead journal.

Ingrid Mida said...

I just had a look at what the bead journal is all about. I'd love to sign up but I don't feel quite ready yet. Maybe in 2011.... Every time I read one of your posts, you fill me with inspiration. Thanks Susan.

FredaB said...

We all love what you do. You entertain us, encourage us to try things and generally just bring joy to those who read your blog.

I am like you that I never stop until the day. Maybe it is good I am in Florida as I can't keep buying for the kids. Amazon has been getting all my business this year. Free shipping sure helps. I am in the process of making half a dozen different things and hope to get them done (some at least) for Christmas Day.

Stay true to yourself and enjoy the season. It only comes once a year.

Hugs

FredaB

Related Posts with Thumbnails