Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Boys are Away...

OK, so I have to admit it, when I dropped my two men off at the airport for their trip to Texas to visit Jim's family, I was relieved and delighted.

I have been looking forward to these three days alone for over a month. I can't wait to have some time to myself to think, to re-group and to tackle some of my projects. I'm starting to feel guilty because I am really looking forward to the two of them going away...

So, I bake them some cookies to take with them thinking that will assuage some of my guilt. It worked; I felt better sending them off with a piece of myself.

I didn't have to cook dinner so I went for a jog, came home, wrote myself a list for the next few days and poured myself a glass of wine. Now, I'm watching the Olympics and writing this post.

Here's my list for the next few days...we'll see how much I get accomplished.

I'm a real lover of lists and try to save them as much as I can. I'm not so good at keeping a journal (though I'm in love with the idea of keeping a journal) but I am very good at making lists. So, I keep them. Kind of a sort of journal.

Actually, Sasha Cagen agrees with me. She wrote this book and keeps the To Do List Blog where she showcases some very interesting lists from some very interesting people. Her book is quite entertaining if you too enjoy listmaking...they really do tell us a lot about ourselves.


My very favorite lists of all time are the ones my husband, Jim, made when we were preparing to have Jack over 12 years ago. My husband is an engineer and very thorough when he needs to be. Here are a few of his lists that he wrote before Jack was born...


Isn't he absolutely the sweetest? He was very worried that he would forget something for the "big day". It's a funny and crazy time of life when the first child enters a couple-dom...I love looking at these lists and remembering how young and hopeful we were. How hard we were trying not to make a mistake...

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

I love the "breath spray" and "lip stuff" on the list! He is thorough!

Your project list is more like a monthly list than a 3 day list; especially since you are lounging on the couch watching the Olympics. I make lists/design notes and then go back and say, "What?" so now I am having to spell everything out more carefully so I can jog the memory when I actually get to the project.

Related Posts with Thumbnails